PUBLIC NOTICE OF PESTICIDE USE
County of Huron
Huron County intends to control noxious weeds along the following County roadsides through spot spraying where noxious weeds have been identified.
Huron County Road Sides including:
All locations where herbicides will be applied are in rural areas along a highway in which the public has general right of access but the application does not include any area intended for pedestrian access nor areas where the public is invited to stop such as rest areas or picnic areas.
Blyth Road (Co.Rd.25) from Blyth to Perth Road 174,
London Road (Co.Rd.4) from Blyth to Gilmour Line,
Newry Road (Co.Rd.16),
Amberley Road, (Co.Rd.86) from Co.Rd. 4 to Perth Road 172,
Brussels Line (Co Rd.12) from Walton to Belmore,
McNaught Line, Ethel Line and, Molesworth Line (Co.Rd.19),
Perth Rd.178 (Co.Rd.34),
Fordwich Line (Co.Rd.30),
Harriston Road (Co.Rd.87),
Gorrie Line and McIntosh Line (Co.Rd.28),
Belmore Line (Co.Rd.12),
Howick-Turnberry Rd. (Co.Rd.7).
Noxious weeds identified along the right-of-way locations noted above will be spot sprayed using the herbicides:
- ClearView Herbicide containing the active ingredients: Aminopyralid, present as potassium salt and Metsulfuron – methyl Registration No. 29752 under the Pest Control Products Act
- Hasten NT Ultra Spray Adjuvant containing Methyl and ethyl oleate (esterified vegetable oil) Registration No. 31760 under the Pest Control Products Act.
- Truvist Herbicide containing Chlorsulfuron and Aminocylopyrachlor Registration No: 30920 under the Pest Control Products Act
Huron County intends to control vegetation along guiderails along all Huron County Roads within their jurisdiction using the herbicides:
- Esplanade SC Herbicide containing the active ingredients Indaziflam Registration No.31333 under the Pest Control Products Act
- Roundup Weathermax with Transorb 2 Technology Liquid Herbicide containing the active ingredient Glyphosate Registration NO 27487 under the Pest Control Products Act.
Anyone not wishing to have the roadside adjacent to their property treated for noxious weeds should contact Jim Middegaal at the Wroxeter Patrol Yard 519-524-8394 ext 3411
Note: It is the responsibility of the property owner requesting no spray to contact the above each calendar year prior to the application of weed spray. Property owners requesting no spray will be responsible for all noxious weeds on the road allowance adjacent to their property.
We are controlling Noxious Weeds under Public Works Exception of the Cosmetic Pesticides Ban to the promotion of public health and safety.
Commencing May 25, 2021 weather permitting and ending approximately July 7, 2021.
For information call:
County of Huron
Public Works Department
1-888-524-8394 ext. 3421