Frequently Asked Questions

How can I get a Huron County road map?

Copies of the county-wide 9-1-1 map showing the road system and all associated addresses are available from the Treasury Department, located in the County Court House, Goderich. Measuring 24″ x 36″, these wall maps cost $5.00 plus HST.

A visitor’s map showing the regional road system is available in the Huron County Vacation Guide. Physical map copies are available by contacting the Planning and Development Department at 519.524.8394 ext. 3. Digital copies of the map are also¬†available for downloading.

How do I report a dead animal, or fallen tree on a County road?

If you wish to report the location of a dead animal or fallen tree obstructing the travel portion of a County road, contact the Auburn Patrol at 519.526.7231 to leave a message. Please be prepared to provide the name or number of the road, and an approximate location of the problem, including nearest concession or 9-1-1 number and side of roadway. The obstruction will be removed as soon as possible. Reports considered non-essential will be picked up during regularly scheduled maintenance.