Thank you for your interest in working with the County of Huron. We are an equal opportunity, living wage employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
We look forward to getting to know you through our application process but before you begin, let me tell you a little bit about our organization.
With more than 650 employees, the Corporation of the County of Huron is Huron County’s largest employer. We have service points located throughout the municipality but our largest facilities, including the County Courthouse, are located in Goderich and Clinton. As a municipality, our diverse portfolio of services means that we offer a wide range of employment opportunities including many opportunities for career development and advancement.
Our corporate goals include being an employer of choice with a diverse, highly engaged, collaborative and dedicated work force. We aim to communicate proactively with staff, Council, community members and all other stakeholders. We strive to have creative ideas as well as the tools and means at our disposal to execute them. In short, our goal is to be the best we possibly can be and that includes recruiting and retaining talented and dedicated people like you to help us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Please take a moment to get to know us through our website and I look forward to hearing from you soon!
County of Huron CAO,
1. The people! County of Huron staff are warm and inviting and there are many ways to get involved and become engaged in our community. The corporation boasts a number of staff groups and committees who work to connect our departments and teams through initiatives such as employee wellness events, corporate sustainability and environmental actions, and County Buzz (our internal staff blog), to name just a few.
2. Huron County’s quality of life is exceptional. 95% of Huron County residents report that they are ‘very satisfied with life.’
3. Huron County’s natural and cultural assets are outstanding. Huron County offers more than 1700 cultural assets, 100 km of shoreline, 15 unique beaches and more than 30 hiking trails. Connecting with the community and getting back to nature is easy in Huron! Visit OntariosWestCoast.ca to learn more.
4. We offer a variety of alternatives to the traditional workday to support and nurture work-life balance.
5. Giving back! From large campaigns that support the United Way to more grass-roots fundraisers like supporting the local Christmas Bureau, there are lots of opportunities to get involved and give back.
6. A great benefits package that includes dental, vision, massage therapy, vacation, and more – we’ve got you covered!
7. Our Employee Assistance Program provides staff with access to confidential support and practical solutions on a range of personal and work-related issues.
8. Training, mentorship and career development opportunities are available to all staff. The County of Huron strives to ensure that all staff have the opportunity to succeed!
9. Health and safety. We are committed to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment for all employees.
10. We are an equal-opportunity employer that values equity, diversity and inclusion in our workforce. At the County of Huron we strive to create a sense of belonging for all. The County of Huron is a member of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion.
The County of Huron is committed to being a Certified Living Wage Employer. In 2021, a living wage is currently $17.95 in Huron County.
The County of Huron offers a variety of employee benefits including:
The County of Huron is an equal opportunity employer and a member of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion.
The County of Huron strives to be an employer of choice with a visible commitment to valuing the diversity of staff and of the residents in our community, where individuals feel included and have a sense of belonging.
In an effort to serve both County staff and the community better, the County of Huron is working to modernize some of its corporate services. Some of the current modernization initiatives underway include Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation, improving Corporate Communications, implementing a new Human Resource Information System (HRIS), improving remote and flexible work tools and procedures, ongoing employee engagement surveys and opportunities, and much more!
Learn more about the County’s progress on its many modernization initiatives at: https://connectedcountyofhuron.ca/modernization
Working in Cultural Services means that I get to immerse myself in Huron’s rich culture and unique history, everyday. I have great pride in the work we do at the Museum and Library and I enjoy being able share these fantastic resources with our community.
Planners help shape communities for the future, and that’s exciting! I love the work I do and the County offers a flexible work environment, including work from home opportunities, that help me maintain a healthy work-life balance.
As a PSW working in long-term care, I get to make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. And at the County, I get to do that with the support a great team!
As the Director of Treasury and Corporate Services, my team supports the work of more than 650 employees. I appreciate the culture of teamwork and collaboration that’s found across all departments at the County – we truly work together to provide essential services to our community.
The County of Huron shall accept applications from, and consider a member of an employee’s immediate family for employment if the candidate has all the requisite qualifications.
An immediate family member shall not be considered for employment if by doing so, it might create a direct or indirect managerial/subordinate relationship with the family member, or if their employment could create a conflict of interest, either actual or perceived, as outlined in the County Procurement Policy and Conduct and Behaviour Policy.
Please visit the County’s current job postings page to view currently available positions.
To be considered for a County of Huron position, please ensure that your application contains the following information:
Submit your resume to: email@example.com no later than the deadline indicated in the job posting.
Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Information is collected solely for the purpose of job selection under the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The County of Huron is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
By submitting your personal information to the County of Huron, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information in connection with our recruitment, hiring and/or employment processes. Information is collected solely for the purpose of job selection.
The County of Huron is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise the Human Resources staff member in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which you feel you need to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
The County of Huron acts in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).