Huron County prepares and publishes a Municipal Accessibility Plan in consultation with people with disabilities. Accessibility plans must be prepared and published annually.
The County of Huron Accessibility Plan is a joint initiative of all municipal councils within the county. It is developed by the Huron County Accessibility Advisory Committee in collaboration with the Huron County Disability Act Working Group. This plan applies to the following municipalities:
- County of Huron
- Township of Ashfield-Colborne-Wawanosh
- Municipality of Bluewater
- Municipality of Central Huron
- Town of Goderich
- Township of Howick
- Municipality of Huron East
- Municipality of Morris-Turnberry
- Township of North Huron
- Municipality of South Huron
This plan is prepared annually and includes:
- Measures taken to identify, remove and prevent barriers to persons with disabilities;
- Measures to ensure proposals for bylaws, programs, practices and services are considered for their effect on accessibility;
- Creating a list of by-laws, policies, programs, practices and services that will be reviewed in the next year to identify, prevent and remove barriers.