Zoning By-Law Amendments

If you want to use or develop your property in a way that is not permitted by the Zoning By-law, you may have to apply for a zoning change, which is also known as a Zoning By-law amendment or a rezoning.

A change can only be considered if the new use is allowed by the Official Plan. Local municipalities have approval authority for Zoning By-law amendments.

Contact the Planning and Development Department or your local municipal office for advice and information before you apply for rezoning.

You will be required to complete an application form and there is a fee required by this process.


  • pdf
    Zoning By-Law Application
  • pdf
    User Guide to Zoning By-Law Amendments