Official Plan Amendments

If you want to use your property or develop it in a way that conflicts with the County and/or local municipal Official Plans, you will need an Official Plan amendment. In this case, contact the Planning and Development Department as early as possible to discuss your needs. Our staff will work with you and advise if the change is possible, what problems you might encounter and how you should apply.

The County of Huron is the approval authority for Official Plan Amendments.

There is an application form that must be completed with all of the required information. Consulting with the Planner and providing complete information with the application will help to avoid delays during the review.


  • pdf
    Official Plan Amendment Application
  • pdf
    Official Plan Amendment Guide