Huron County, Ontario – The Huron County Library is pleased to share its new strategic plan that invites Huron County residents to imagine more from their library.
Imagine More: A place to learn, connect, create, and grow is the new vision guiding the library through the next five years. Through diverse collections, accessible resources, welcoming spaces, and unique programming, the new plan invites the public to explore all the creative ways libraries bring people, information, and ideas together to enrich lives and support thriving communities.
To help guide this work, the following priorities have been identified for 2024-2028:
- Welcoming & Inclusive Communities: The Library champions equity, diversity and inclusion to reduce barriers and create welcoming spaces within our communities.
- Innovation: The Library is a learning organization; trying new things, embracing failure and engaging in feedback.
- Communication: The Library ensures that individuals are aware of the services, resources and spaces available to them.
- Youth: The Library actively seeks out input from youth to ensure they feel welcome and represented at the Library.
- Literacy: The Library advocates for the spirit of lifelong learning and provides access to resources that promote various forms of literacy.
Through public consultation in early 2023, the Huron County Library gathered feedback from more than 2,800 survey responses, eight focus groups and utilized information gathered during Community Conversations to help shape the plan that will guide library services, resources and programs for the next five years.
“As we developed the plan, this valuable feedback provided a focus for how the Huron County Library can have a greater impact in the communities the library serves,” said Director of Cultural Services and County Librarian Beth Rumble, adding that it was also important to align the library’s priorities with the priorities identified by Huron County Council in 2023.
To review the full plan, visit: www.huroncountylibrary.ca/strategic-plan