**Due to the branch shut down because of COVID-19, the Library’s Borrow the Internet program is suspended until further notice.**
Do you have trouble accessing the internet from home? Are you a student, job seeker, small business owner or farmer without vital Internet access? Visit your local library branch and borrow an Internet hub and take the Internet home with you!
Huron County Library’s Wi-Fi hubs will provide unlimited, no-charge Internet access to a variety of Wi-Fi enabled devices through the cellular network. If you don’t have a Wi-Fi enabled device, there is an ethernet cord supplied in the kit so you can connect to the Internet. Up to 10 devices can be connected at one time.
Internet hubs are holdable and may be renewed if there is not a waiting list.
These devices will work anywhere there is cellular service. Huron County library cannot guarantee connectivity and speed may vary.
No personal data will be stored and Internet activity is not monitored. Users must abide by Huron County Library’s Internet Services Policy.
Only one device per household at a time.
- Who Can Borrow
- Any Huron County Library card holder who is 18 years and older.
- All users must abide by Huron County Library’s Internet Services Policy. All users must have their account in good standing.
- Service Coverage
- Service is available anywhere in Canada with cellular service. International service is not available.
- WiFi Hubs may be borrowed for one week and may be placed on hold. The hub will be held for 7 days; if not picked up within that timeframe, the hub will move on to the next person on the waitlist. The hub must be returned during library hours to a library staff person at the circulation desk. Hubs are not to be returned in a library book drop.
- Overdue Fee
- $1.00/day. Overdue devices will be deactivated.
- Replacement Cost
- Lost or damaged device = $100; Patrons may also be responsible for the replacement value of lost cables.
- E-mail: email@example.com