Trip Permits

Permits for oversize/overweight vehicles and/or loads travelling on County roads are required when the dimensions and/or weight exceed the limits set out in the Highway Traffic Act.

These permits generally apply to transport and trucking companies and organizations.

Each oversize/overweight permit has specific conditions attached which must be strictly adhered to. The permit is valid only on those highways under the jurisdiction of the County of Huron. If other highways are also to be used, permission must be secured from the proper authorities.

To see our current road closures due to construction, please visit our Construction page or


Please allow 10 business days for the permit to be issued by the Public Works Department.


  • pdf
    Single Trip Oversize/Overweight Permit (under 4.99 m.)
  • pdf
    Single Trip Oversize/Overweight Permit (over 5 m.)
  • pdf
    Annual Trip Permit 2021