Click here for the Housing & Property Services Community Resource Guide, designed to guide you through the adjustments made to some of our regular County operations and services in response to COVID-19.
To view other Community Resource Guides, click here: https://www.huroncounty.ca/emergency-services/emergency-management/covid-19/
The County of Huron’s Social Housing Program provides a range of administrative, support and funding services to provide affordable housing options in the County of Huron.
Available programs allow seniors to stay in their home communities, offer affordable homes to low-income families and give disabled people independence in a safe and secure environment.
Centrally located south of Clinton, our services include:
- Answers to questions about Social Housing in the County of Huron
- Processing new applications for subsidized (rent-geared-to-income) housing within the county
- Determine eligibility for social housing according to the Housing Services Act, 2011
- Update applications for subsidized housing with required information changes
- Manage and maintain a Centralized Waiting List for Social Housing Providers within Huron County
*** Request for Proposal to Develop Affordable Housing is anticipated to be released in April 2020. Should you have any questions regarding the RFP, please contact the Housing Programs Coordinator at 519-482-8505 ext 4255 ***