The County of Huron’s Social Housing Program provides a range of administrative, support and funding services to provide affordable housing options in the County of Huron.
Available programs allow seniors to stay in their home communities, offer affordable homes to low-income families and give disabled people independence in a safe and secure environment.
Centrally located south of Clinton, our services include:
- Answers to questions about Social Housing in the County of Huron
- Processing new applications for subsidized (rent-geared-to-income) housing within the county
- Determine eligibility for social housing according to the Housing Services Act, 2011
- Update applications for subsidized housing with required information changes
- Manage and maintain a Centralized Waiting List for Social Housing Providers within Huron County
Please be advised that due to the scheduled elevator modernization at 85 West Street, Goderich, the elevator will be completely out of service beginning October 30, 2017 for approximately 5 – 7 weeks. There will be no elevator usage available during this entire time period.