The Housing and Property Services office will be closed to the public effective end of March 16, 2020 until further notice. Although the office will be closed to personal visits, we will continue all essential services to our tenants. Please call the office at 519-482-8505 if you have any further questions.
The County of Huron’s Social Housing Program provides a range of administrative, support and funding services to provide affordable housing options in the County of Huron.
Available programs allow seniors to stay in their home communities, offer affordable homes to low-income families and give disabled people independence in a safe and secure environment.
Centrally located south of Clinton, our services include:
- Answers to questions about Social Housing in the County of Huron
- Processing new applications for subsidized (rent-geared-to-income) housing within the county
- Determine eligibility for social housing according to the Housing Services Act, 2011
- Update applications for subsidized housing with required information changes
- Manage and maintain a Centralized Waiting List for Social Housing Providers within Huron County
*** Request for Proposal to Develop Affordable Housing is anticipated to be released in April 2020. Should you have any questions regarding the RFP, please contact the Housing Programs Coordinator at 519-482-8505 ext 4255 ***