The Information Technology (IT) Division takes a leadership role in delivering comprehensive IT services to the County of Huron to meet strategic direction and operational needs in an efficient and cost effective way.
Working “behind the scenes” the IT Division ensures that systems and services dependent upon technology are available and reliable. Centralized corporate services provided by the IT Division include:
- Managing Local and Wide Area Networks
- Installation and support of corporate hardware and software
- Technical support and assistance to all system users
- IT project management
- Centralized IT purchasing
- Development and maintenance of Corporate IT Policies, Procedures and Standards
- Web presence administration and maintenance
- Communication systems administration and support
- Electronic information security
- Technology training
- Technology research and advancements
These services are provided to approximately 450 system users across 26 County sites.
Note: Information Technology is a division of the Treasury Department.