The County of Huron’s Official Plan includes the vision, goals and policy directions of the County, as established by the community, and provides guidance for land use planning decisions in the County; including:
- locations for new housing, industry, offices and shops;
- what services like roads, water mains, sewers, parks and schools will be needed;
- when and in what order parts of our communities will grow; and
- protection for agricultural, mineral and environmental resources.
The County is close to completing the 5 year review process. The purpose of this process has been to ensure the community vision/values, directions, policies and actions in the Plan meet the needs of the community into the future, include new policies to reflect changes in the community
On May 14th the County hosted a Community Consultation Workshop. The short video below gives an impression of the workshop format.
The feedback that was received at the workshop is available for review in the ‘Reports‘ section below.
For more information about the Huron County Official Plan 5 Year Review, please contact:
Monica Walker-Bolton, Planner
519-524-8394 ext. 3
- Huron County Official Plan, Need for 5 Year Review
- Community Consultation Workshop Feedback Notes
- Draft Update to the Huron County Official Plan.
- Final Update to the Huron County Official Plan 5 Year Review