The County of Huron’s Official Plan includes the vision, goals and policy directions of the County, as established by the community, and provides guidance for land use planning decisions in the County; including:
- locations for new housing, industry, offices and shops;
- what services like roads, water mains, sewers, parks and schools will be needed;
- when and in what order parts of our communities will grow; and
- protection for agricultural, mineral and environmental resources.
The County is beginning a formal 5 year review process to ensure that the community vision/values, directions, policies and actions in the Plan meet the needs of the community into the future, include new policies to reflect changes in the community.
As the project continues, this page will be updated to include copies of reports and draft policies, as well as information about upcoming community consultations and meetings.
On May 14th the County hosted a Community Consultation Workshop. The short video below gives an impression of the workshop format.
The feedback that was received at the workshop is available for review in the ‘Reports‘ section below.
If you were unable to attend the workshop on May 14th and you would like to provide feedback on the topic areas discussed at the Community Consultation you can provide comments using our Community Consultation Form. You can also send written comments or ask to be added to the Five Year Review mailing list by contacting:
Monica Walker-Bolton, Planner
519-524-8394 ext. 3
Additional open house workshops have been scheduled as follows:
- Clinton: Libro Hall, Tuesday, Sept. 10, 7p.m. to 9p.m., 239 Bill Fleming Dr.
- Exeter: Exeter Legion Hall, Thursday, Sept. 19, 7p.m. to 9p.m., 316 William St.
- Wingham: Hot Stove Lounge, North Huron Wescast Community Complex, Wednesday, Sept. 25, 7p.m. to 9p.m., 99 Kerr Dr.
- Huron County Official Plan, Need for 5 Year Review
- Community Consultation Workshop Feedback Notes
- Draft Update to the Huron County Official Plan