In partnership with the Canada-Ontario Affordable Housing Program, the County of Huron is building a new 31 unit apartment building for seniors.
This three storey 31 unit apartment building (19 one bedroom & 12 two bedroom units) is located just south of Clinton. Situated on 13 acres of well-manicured grounds, the site features:
- Quiet rural setting
- Fully landscaped site
- On-site tenant parking lot
- Solar domestic hot water preheat
- Paved pathways throughout the complex
Seniors applying for housing at this facility must be 60 years of age or older.
Each spacious 1 and 2 bedroom seniors’ apartment contains:
- Full-size top mount refrigerator and electric range
- Individually controlled hot water heating and air conditioning
- Dedicated power chair receptacles
Green energy initiatives throughout the building have been funded by a Renewable Energy Initiative program. Additional building features include:
- Controlled security access
- Coin operated common laundry facility
- Common lounge for use by all tenants
- Elevator access to all floors
- Occupant sensors to reduce lighting demand in vacant corridors
Applications are available in Resources below, by calling the Huron County Housing Services at 519.482.8505, ext. 4252, or at the Social Services office, located in the Jacob Memorial Building, 77722D London Road, Clinton.
Completed applications must be submitted to the Huron County Housing Services.