The safety and well-being of residents and long-term care staff at the Huronview and Huronlea Homes for the Aged is priority for the County of Huron.
The following preventative measures are in place as of November 7, 2023:
Indoor and outdoor visits
- All in-home visits are subject to the Home’s health and safety protocols.
- Masking is required for all visitors and caregivers indoors, with the exception of when in the resident’s room they are visiting or in the designated visiting areas.
- Proof of vaccination is not currently required for visitors.
- There is no limit on the number of indoor or outdoor visitors for a resident.
- Passive screening (self-check) for visitors and caregivers continues.
There are currently no COVID-specific requirements or restrictions related to absences. If a resident who is self-isolating on Additional Precautions is required to leave the home for a medical absence, we will notify the health care facility so that care can be provided to the resident with the appropriate Additional Precautions in place.
Isolation and testing
- Residents who become symptomatic will immediately be isolated and tested for COVID-19. If a resident tests positive for COVID-19, they will remain isolated from other residents.
- If a staff member tests positive for COVID-19, contact is traced back to prevent spread, and they will not be permitted to return to work until approved.
Personal protective equipment for staff
- All resident care staff will continue to wear personal protective equipment as directed by the Ministry of Health or Public Health and as appropriate to their role, duties, and contact with others.
- Staff continue to practice proper masking and stringent hand hygiene.