What We Do
The Huron County Economic Development department is committed to building a prosperous Huron County by working with non-profits, businesses, entrepreneurs, and other organizations to help support and shape the economy.
The department addresses key economic challenges by working collaboratively with fellow County of Huron staff and community stakeholders to pursue opportunities that positively impact the economic vitality of the community.
To connect anyone with the resources to improve economic prosperity in Huron County.
A prosperous and diverse Huron County is the destination of choice for businesses and people seeking a place to thrive.
How We Work
The Economic Development department is committed to building a prosperous Huron County by focusing on:
1. Developing targeted opportunities
2. Aligning municipal government efforts
3. Engaging a broader group of stakeholders
Key Growth Sectors
2. Tourism, culture and arts
4. Retail and local services
Challenges to Address
1. The tightening workforce
2. The need for new entrepreneurship
3. The need to focus on specific opportunities
4. The importance of strategic economic infrastructure
5. Engagement of the private sector/other stakeholders
How Can We Help?
Huron County is always excited to support new and innovative ideas and businesses.
We’re here to help!
57 Napier Street,
+1 (519) 524-8394 ext.6