Supporting Local Economic Development
2021 SLED Program – Closed as of April 16, 2021
What is the SLED Program?
SLED (Supporting Local Economic Development) is a focused program designed to help fund projects targeting key regional economic development priorities: Covid-19 recovery, workforce attraction, agriculture, tourism, and investment attraction. These priorities are subject to change through an annual review process by the Huron County Economic Development Board.
The program is delivered annually, on a first come, first served basis to Municipalities and registered non-profits.
Applications to the SLED program must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Municipality or a registered not-for-profit organization;
- The money has to be used in a way that has a clear and obvious economic impact;
- The direct economic impact of the project can be measured;
- The project includes substantial private sector participation;
- The applicant provides financial resources and support to the project
- Provide recognition of The County of Huron’s financial contribution to the project.
The project focuses on Huron County and achieves one of the following objectives:
- Grow the workforce;
- Create diversification of the existing agricultural industry;
- Creates an exceptional Huron County visitor experience;
- Development of investment attraction material or resolves an investment attraction issue.
- Implement measures that support the business communities recovery from COVID-19.
- Potential applicants should submit a brief summary to Reanne Clark, Program Administrator, in email form which outlines how their project meets the criteria.
- If the project meets the criteria Reanne will send you the application form and connect you with Rick Sickinger, Program Advisor. The Program Advisor’s role is to support the applicant by discussing how to meet the various criteria (i.e. discussing how to measure economic impact), work through any questions and provide advice during the application process.
- The applicant(s) will submit the final application to Reanne Clark, Program Administrator to be considered for approval by the Program Approver.
- The applications will be evaluated in order of submission. If your application is declined before the deadline and funds have not been exhausted, you may request feedback and resubmit.
For more information please contact:
How Can We Help?
Huron County is always excited to support new and innovative ideas and businesses.
We’re here to help!
57 Napier Street,
Goderich, ON N7A 1W2
+1 (519) 524-8394 ext.6