Supporting Local Economic Development
What is the SLED Program?
SLED (Supporting Local Economic Development) is a focused program designed to help fund projects targeting key regional economic development priorities: workforce attraction, agriculture, tourism, and investment attraction. These priorities are subject to change through an annual review process by the Huron County Economic Development Board.
The program is delivered on a first come, first served basis and will open to Municipalities and other non-profits on June 22nd 2020 closing August 31st 2020.
No organization will be provided more than $10,000 per project through this fund. Projects must be completed in 12 months from the date of application. Money will be provided at the completion of the project following the submission of a completed project report from the applicant to the program administrator.
Applications to the SLED program must meet the following criteria:
- The money has to be used in a way that has a clear and obvious economic impact;
- The direct economic impact of the project can be measured;
- The project includes substantial private sector participation;
- The applicant provides financial resources and support to the project; and
- The project focus on Huron County and achieve at least one of the following objectives:
- Grow the workforce;
- Create diversification of the existing agricultural industry;
- Creates a visitor experience with clear best-in-class potential;
- Development of investment attraction material or resolves investment attraction issues.
- Implement measures that support businesses communities in adapt to a changing business environment.
- Potential applicants should submit a brief summary to Reanne Clark, Program Administrator, in email form which outlines how their project meets the criteria.
- If the project meets the criteria Reanne will connect you with Rick Sickinger, Program Advisor. The Program Advisor’s role is to support the applicant by discussing how to meet the various criteria (i.e. discussing how to measure economic impact), work through any questions and provide advice during the application process.
- The applicant(s) will submit the final application to Reanne Clark, Program Administrator to be considered for approval by the Program Approver.
For more information please contact:
519-482-5457 ext. 2730
How Can We Help?
Huron County is always excited to support new and innovative ideas and businesses.
We’re here to help!
54 West Street,
Goderich, ON N7A 2K3
+1 (519) 524-8394 ext.6