SLED ProgramSupporting Local Economic Development
2022 SLED Program is now CLOSED. Stay tuned for 2023 intake.
What is the SLED Program?
The 2022 SLED (Supporting Local Economic Development) program funds projects that address the strategic priorities from Huron County Economic Development’s 2021/22 Business Retention and Expansion Project including: workforce re-engagement, attraction and retention projects; business district and specific sector support programs; and placemaking, community and tourism development initiatives.
The program is delivered annually, to Municipalities and registered non-profits. Applications will be assessed on a merit basis and evaluated by a panel of local economic development professionals.
Applications to the SLED program must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Municipality or a registered not-for-profit organization;
- Cannot be a religious or political organization;
- Projects must demonstrate clear and obvious economic impact;
- The direct economic impact of the project is measurable;
- Projects includes collaborative partnerships;
- The applicant provides financial resources and support to the project;
- The applicant provides recognition for the program funders, The County of Huron & Community Futures Huron.
The project focuses on Huron County and achieves one of the priorities from the 2021 Business Retention & Expansion Project:
- Reengagement, attraction and/or retention of workforce;
- Impacts business districts and/or key sectors;
- Advances placemaking, community and/or tourism development.
- The 2022 SLED application form is available here.
- To increase the chances of your application being successful in this merit based, competitive program, we strongly advise that you connect with Rick Sickinger, Program Advisor. The Program Advisor’s role is to support and coach the applicant by discussing how to meet the various criteria (i.e. discussing how to measure economic impact), work through any questions and provide advice during the application process. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The applicant(s) will submit the final application to email@example.com with subject line: “Applicant Name 2022 SLED Program”. Deadline to submit is May 31, 2022, 4:30 PM.
- The applications will be evaluated by a panel of local economic development judges. All applicants will be notified by June 10, 2022.
50% of SLED funding will be dispersed upon project approval and the remaining 50% will be dispersed upon approval of your final report.
Township of Ashfield-Colborne-Wawanosh’s | Dungannon Farmers’ Market
Municipality of Central Huron’s application | Sculpture Garden Installation
Eat Local Huron’s | Agro-tourism: Farm Crawls
Gateway Centre of Excellence in Rural Health | SHARP (Skills for Healthcare, Attraction and Retention)
Huron County Farmers’ Market Association | Farmer’s Market Enhancement Project
The Township of North Huron | Cruickshank Park Enhancement Project
Seaforth BIA | Reuse, Recycle and Refurbish Project
South Huron Arts Centre | Pottery Studio/Class Initiative
The Town of Goderich | Wayfinding Signage Project