Deciding on a child care setting that provides a safe, friendly, nurturing environment for your child, and fits your schedule can sometimes be difficult. Huron County Community Home Child Care aims to offer quality, convenient, affordable, and flexible child care in communities across Huron County.
What is Huron County Community Home Child Care?
Huron County Community Home Child Care is a private home child care agency that is municipally operated by The County of Huron and licensed by the Ministry of Education. This licensed child care program aims to offer a home away from home for children while their parents or guardians are at work or in school.
Why choose Huron County Community Home Child Care?
- Child care is proved for children 0-12 years in a welcoming, caring and safe home environment
- Flexible hours including full and part time schedules, before-and-after school, days, evenings, overnights and weekends
- Small group sizes
- Daily indoor, outdoor, age appropriate, play-based learning activities provided for your child
- Healthy meals and snacks are offered
- Affordable costs and fee subsidy is available
- Screening process for providers includes criminal reference checks and vulnerable sector screens
Who regulates these homes?
The County of Huron, Huron County Community Home Child Care is annually licensed by the Ministry of Education. It is the County’s responsibility to ensure that homes meet all government legislation including:
- Behaviour management practices
- Sanitary policies
- Safe environments
Qualified staff from the County of Huron visit all homes at least monthly with regular unscheduled visits. Staff conduct home safety inspections and provide support for both parents and providers.
How do I register with Huron County Community Home Child Care?
- Contact the Huron County Community Home Child Care office for a list of approved providers in your area. 1.888.371.5718
- Meet with the providers and choose the right one for you and your child
- Re-connect with the home child care office to register your child and set up a start date for child care to begin
Register with OneHSN
OneHSN is designed to help you learn about the licensed child care services available in our community and apply for a child care space. The application process is easy to use and the information you provide will determine the child care options available to you. You can apply your child(ren)’s name to as many Centres as you choose & the Child Care Centre will contact you when a space becomes available.