Huron County, Ontario – The Starter Company Plus program, administered locally by the County of Huron, provides business training, mentoring, and grant opportunities of up to $5,000 for eligible participants to start, expand, or buy a small business. The most recent intake of the Starter Company Plus program saw six local businesses successfully complete the program and obtain grant funding, totaling $15,000.
“The training and coaching that new and existing businesses receive during this program is invaluable to their continued growth and development,” said Director of Economic Development, Vicki Lass. “Completion of this program represents significant hard work and commitment, immense creativity, and a true entrepreneurial spirit!”
To graduate from the Starter Company Plus program, each participant must have successfully:
- Completed a 12-week training program that includes coaching, mentoring, and workshops covering all aspects of business management;
- Completed a business plan;
- Performed a SWOT and cash flow analysis;
- And presented a business pitch to the Grant Review Committee, comprised of respected business community representatives.
2023 participants were paired with Digital Service Squad experts to improve their use of digital technologies and enhance their online presence. Graduates of the program continue to have ongoing access to the business services offered through the Huron County Small Business Enterprise Centre (SBEC).
2023 Starter Company Plus grant funding recipients:
- B Creative Prints, Frames and Design Inc. to build a wall to create a cut shop in their production facility.
- Boundary Roasting Co. to purchase a moisture and density meter and other packaging tools.
- Duck Duck Juice + Gym towards a personal training certification.
- Hopewell Counselling to develop a physical office and training.
- TM Marketing Solutions toward training and certification.
- WeR Strategic to support IT and software needs.
Enrollment for participation in the next intake of the Starter Company Plus program is open in July 2023. To learn more visit: www.HuronCounty.ca/economic-development