Starter Company Plus
What is the Starter Company Plus Program?
The County, in partnership with the Province of Ontario, recognizes the importance of supporting entrepreneurs of all ages through their journey into entrepreneurship and through business expansion. It is for this reason that the County of Huron and the Province of Ontario have invested in providing training, mentorship and monetary funds to local small business owners in the form of the Starter Company Plus program.
Starter Company Plus provides training, mentoring, and grant opportunities up to $5,000 for eligible participants to start, expand, or buy a small business. The program aims to address local and/or regional economic development needs, and where appropriate, focuses on specific industries and sectors.
In order to be eligible for the Starter Company Plus program, applicants must be:
- 18 years of age or older at the time of registration
- Proposing a new company, expansion of an existing company or buying a business in Ontario
- Not attending school full time nor returning to school
- Resident of Ontario
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Not enrolled in other provincial employment or self-employment related programs that include or do not include financial assistance
- Not currently enrolled concurrently in any self-employment or entrepreneurship; training/financing programs offered by government funded organizations
- Have not received a Starter Company Grant in the past
- Must be able to demonstrate 25% cash or equivalent to the business
- Consult with a Business Advisor
- Complete a learning plan, and participate in business planning workshops and training relevant to your business
- Engage with a mentor (coordinated with Huron County Economic Development)
- Submit a business plan, two-year cash flow, as well as two letters of support by the designated date
For more information about the Starter Company Plus Program in Huron County please contact Patrick Donnelly at 519-524-8394 ext 3307 or by email at email@example.com.
How Can We Help?
Huron County is always excited to support new and innovative ideas and businesses.
We’re here to help!
54 West Street,
Goderich, ON N7A 2K3
+1 (519) 524-8394 ext.6