The County of Huron is seeking the services of an urban design/architectural firm to complete a Residential Intensification Guideline which will be applied across the County.
Design considerations will focus on enhancing compatibility within neighbourhood context through:
- building placement;
- architecture (style, treatment of architectural features such as entrances and garages, scale, massing, transition, materials and articulation, etc.);
- microclimates (shade, wind, etc);
- outdoor amenity areas;
- responses to street design;
- parking, driveways, and garages; and
- other (lighting, waste receptacles, utilities, etc).
Design considerations will be prepared with the following lenses applied:
- climate ready development (e.g. passive solar design, stormwater management);
- age-friendly and inclusive options (e.g. visitable unit design); and
- affordability (e.g. quality design without premium materials).
For more information, please see the full RFQ document attached in the Resources section below.