Wellness In Life for Ontario Works (WILOW)
The County of Huron provides eligible Ontario Works clients a free confidential short-term counselling support program for personal, family and work-related concerns.
Wellness in Life for Ontario Works (WILOW) is operated by an external provider, Shepell. It is available 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to provide immediate access to qualified professionals.
Users are offered a variety of convenient ways to contact and chat with a professional counsellor or inquire about and book confidential appointments.
WILOW can be used anytime you need it; for everyday challenges or more complex issues with no cost to you or your family.
There is no cost to use WILOW. This benefit is provided to eligible Huron County Ontario Works clients and their eligible family members, spouses, partners, adult dependents and dependent children.
Visit workhealthlife.com to learn more or to access this counselling program with Shepell.
What is WILOW?
WILOW is a voluntary confidential short-term counselling support program available to Huron County Ontario Works clients, and their eligible family members. It provides professional counselling and information to help clients and their families resolve concerns that may be impacting their work, health or life.
What kinds of services does WILOW offer?
Professional counselling is provided by a wide range of confidential delivery options:
- In-person sessions
- Sessions over the telephone
- Video counselling sessions
- Online chat (First Chat) available on your computer or mobile device
- Online written exchange (E-Counselling) where you can exchange written messages with a counsellor using a secure online portal
- My EAP a mobile device application to provide support anytime, anywhere
- Self-guided information articles and information on a variety of health and wellness topics
When you first access WILOW, you will receive help to determine which of these options is right for you based on your issue, learning style, schedule and more.
WILOW provides you with support and information to help you with challenges including:
- Addictions Anger management
- Anxiety or depression
- Stress assessment, goal setting and action planning
- And more
Who provides the counselling?
This counselling support program is operated by an external provider, Shepell. They are fully accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA), which uses rigorous criteria to ensure high counselling delivery standards.
Shepell is the largest Canadian-based provider of Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) services.
Is this service confidential?
Your privacy is guaranteed. To use any of the online services there is no software to install, and all counselling sessions are hosted with fully secure data transmission and storage.
Shepell’s encryption software and clinical practices ensure your information is protected. Users are required to enter their private login credentials each time they access E-Counselling, My EAP, Video Counselling, or the workhealthlife.com website.
No information that would identify an individual using this service will be shared. Ontario Works will never know you or an eligible family member have accessed the counselling services unless you choose to tell them.
How do I register & what does it cost?
There is no cost to use WILOW. This benefit is provided to eligible Ontario Works clients and their eligible family members, their spouses, partners and dependent children.
You must be an eligible registered user in order to access WILOW. Registration is easy and only takes a few minutes.
- Step 1: Visit the website workhealthlife.com
- Step 2: Click on the Register link in the top right corner of the screen.
- Step 3: In the “Please tell use your organization” search field type WELLNESS IN LIFE FOR ONTARIO WORKS. Then click the Search button.
- Step 4: From the list of matching companies found during the search process click on the Huron County Wellness in Life for Ontario Works link.
- Step 5: Complete the registration form. Then click the Submit button.
Upon completing this registration you have created a profile for yourself. The next time you wish to use WILOW you can use the Log In link to access the available support services online.