In Ontario, about 15% of all students are enrolled in rural public schools. In many rural communities, there has been a decline in the number of school-aged children.
We want to hear your thoughts on how we can serve these students effectively and make the best use of public resources.
To help guide the consultation, we’ve developed a discussion paper, Supporting Students and Communities.
The paper will guide our digital and in-person discussions based on the following questions:
- What are the opportunities for school boards to share space in your area? How can the provincial government and school boards support that?
- How can we ensure that the impact of schools on local communities is given full consideration?
How can we best recognize the unique funding needs of rural and remote areas?
How to participate
- Read the Discussion Paper
- Send your feedback by June 9, 2017 by:
- email to email@example.com
- attending one of our in-person roundtable discussions
- Complete the online survey.