Huron County, Ontario – To help Huron County residents enjoy the winter season and continue to support local businesses, the County of Huron Economic Development department has relaunched the Huron Hygge campaign. Hygge, pronounced hoo-gah, is a Danish word that emphasizes coziness, self-care, contentment and well-being, especially through the long, winter months.
“It’s not surprising that Huron Hygge has returned after the resounding success of the program in 2021.” said Warden Glen McNeil. “Huron Hygge is a great way for people to engage and have fun while also learning more about the amazing activities and services that we have available, right here in Huron County.”
Now in its second year, Huron Hygge encourages residents to engage in variety of safe and enjoyable activities. Everyone is invited to discover local activities, diversions and experiences that connect them to the coziness and contentment of hygge.
Some of the 2022 Huron Hygge activities include:
- Bird Bingo and other outdoor recreational activities hosted by the Huron County Library;
- Explore the world from home with international flavours found at local restaurants;
- Discover the perfect wine pairing or craft brew with one of Huron’s many beverage producers;
- Relax and rejuvenate with a spa treatment, yoga class, or wellness activity;
- Enjoy the outdoors in one of Huron’s outdoor ice rinks, or borrow some snowshoes and get hiking on a local trail;
- Huron Hygge Boxes will again be available for purchase, stocked with cozy items from local businesses;
- Fun and engaging Family Day activities
- And much more!
The County of Huron asks the community to continue respecting all public health guidelines in response to COVID-19. Stay informed on the COVID-19 situation in Huron County by visiting www.HPPH.ca