Huron County, ON – The Huron County Health Unit is looking at priorities for public health in Huron County in the next few years and wants the public’s input.
The focus of public health is on the whole population. Public health works to prevent illness and injury, promote well-being, and protect health. The health unit’s work is diverse and includes:
- policy development to build communities where the healthy choice is the easy choice
- monitoring patterns of health and wellness in the community to help decide what response is needed
- individual services in clinics like immunizations, dental care, STI testing and infant feeding support
- education in, for example, how to eat healthy, food safety, quit smoking, prenatal care, parenting and protect yourself outdoors
- inspections for food and water safety
All residents are invited to answer three questions:
- How familiar do you feel you are with health unit services?
- What do you think the priorities should be across the County to improve the public health of our community?
- What one thing do you think is the greatest threat to the public health of people living in Huron County?
Residents can go to www.huronhealthunit.ca to find the link to complete the survey questions. If you don’t have internet access, you can call the health unit, press 0 and the receptionist will be able to record your input.