Huron County, Ontario – The County of Huron’s annual Supporting Local Economic Development (SLED) program opens on April 20, 2022. This program provides an opportunity for municipalities and registered non-profits to receive funds for projects that address the strategic priorities from Huron County Economic Development’s 2021/22 Business Retention and Expansion Project. Eligible projects include: workforce re-engagement, attraction and retention projects; business district and sector specific support programs; and placemaking, community and tourism development initiatives.
“This important funding program supports our local economy in meaningful ways,” said Vicki Lass, Director of Economic Development. “This year SLED is concentrating on areas noted from our BR&E survey by helping to grow the workforce, providing timely sector supports across our economy, further developing Huron’s exceptional tourism experience, and supporting our local business community’s recovery from COVID-19.”
Successful projects will be provided with up to $10,000 through the SLED fund. The deadline to submit is May 31, 2022, at 4:30 PM. Applications will be assessed on a merit basis and evaluated by a panel of local economic development professionals.
Applications to the SLED program must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Municipality or a registered not-for-profit organization;
- Projects must demonstrate clear and obvious economic impact;
- The direct economic impact of the project is measurable;
- Projects includes collaborative partnerships;
- The applicant provides financial resources and support to the project;
- The applicant provides recognition for the program funders, The County of Huron & Community Futures Huron.
For more information about the SLED program and application process, please visit www.huroncounty.ca/economic-development/our-services/incentives-programs/sled/.
For more information about the program, please contact:
Rick Sickinger, Program Advisor