To establish the parameters for which the Huron County Library provides community meeting space.
In this case the terms meeting rooms and meeting space refer to areas which are primarily considered part of the Library. This policy does not include those circumstances where the library shares meeting space with the local municipality.
Responsibility for Implementation
The responsibility for the implementation of this policy lies with the County Librarian, acting according to the general policy established by the Board. This authority may be delegated to other staff by the County Librarian.
- The Huron County Library may provide meeting rooms and space to meet the specific needs of various individuals or organizations within the County of Huron. By providing this space to the public the library helps promote and support local communities.
- Huron County Library meeting rooms or space may be used by individuals and organizations engaged in educational, recreational, cultural, intellectual or charitable activities related to the library. Use of a meeting room or space may not interfere with the day-to-day activities of the library branch.
- Use of a Huron County Library meeting room or library space does not constitute an endorsement by the Library of a program or points of view expressed. No advertisement or announcement implying sponsorship, co-sponsorship, or approval by the Library may be used unless written permission to do so has been previously given by the County Librarian.
- Groups are asked to vacate meeting rooms at the library ½ hour before the library closes unless previously arranged with library staff.
- Some library space may be available to organizations outside of regular library hours. Library space is only available beyond library hours with the prior approval of the County Librarian or designate. Availability of the library for programs or meetings beyond regular hours depends on the availability of staff. The library may not be used for programs beyond 10:00 PM. Rental charges may apply.
- Alcoholic beverages and smoking are prohibited in all library facilities.
Public Libraries Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P. 44 Section 23 (4)
Approved November 17, 2009