To establish the conditions and context within which the Huron County Library provides space for community display and art exhibits from external groups.
Displays and exhibits include but are not limited to table top displays, posters, paintings and personal collections.
Responsibility for Implementation
The responsibility for the implementation of this policy lies with the County Librarian, acting according to the general policy established by the Board. This authority may be delegated to other staff by the County Librarian.
1. General Principles
- Through its collections the Huron County Library seeks to reflect the needs, interests and points of view of all its communities. The Huron County Library may also provide public exhibition space to meet the specific needs of the community, local historians and artists within the County of Huron. By providing this space to the public the library helps promote local history and artists in the community. This free exhibition space enables the library to participate in the cultural and creative life of the community.
2. Selection criteria
- All exhibits, whether generated by library staff or the public, will be considered based on the following:
- Relevance to Huron County Library vision, mission and values
- Historical or regional relevance
- Artistic expression
- Relation to other events or exhibits in the community
- Appropriateness to the library environment
- Attention of viewers and the public
- Ease of installation
- Availability of library space
- The Huron County Library has the right to refuse any work which does not fit within some or any of the above selection criteria.
Public Libraries Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P. 44 Section 23 (4)
Approved November 17, 2009