The purpose of this policy is to outline the parameters for offering book sales at all Huron County Library branches.
- The Board supports the practice of selling books which are deemed discards to the system.
- Donations of items (print, audiovisual items), not wanted for the collection, may be accepted for sale in a book sale with donor consent. If Items are unsuitable for a book sale or there is a lack of storage, donations should be declined.
- The Board acknowledges, and is supportive of, the assistance provided by volunteers and the Friends of the Library in organizing and holding library book sales.
- Any Friends of the Library group or Branch Manager, wishing to hold a book sale must receive prior approval of the date from the County Librarian, or designate.
- The County Librarian, or designate, will determine the pricing structure for library book sales. This may include by donation.
- Book sale funds will be used to enhance library services at the branch holding the sale or within the library system.
- The Branch Manager or Friends of the Library Group shall consult with County Librarian, or designate, concerning the spending of funds raised.
This policy replaces the Library Book Sale Policy and comes into effect on the date approved.
Public Libraries Act, R.S.O. 1990, Chap. P 44
County of Huron Treasury Policies. Disposal of Tangible Capital Assets