The Corporation of the County of Huron
Public Works Department
Full Time Work Management Systems Technologist
Responsible for supporting the Public Works implementation of Work Management systems in the office and in the field. Includes configuring, documenting, training, report writing in SQL. Also responsible for the support of other business systems used within the Department. Includes field work as needed.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for configuring the Public Works Work Management System in alignment with business needs of the Department.
- Responsible for developing and delivering training to staff in the office and in the field.
- Provides ongoing support to staff in the office and in the field using the Work Management System.
- Responsible for creating reports using Microsoft SQL*Server Report Building and supporting stored queries within SQL*Server.
- Analyses raw data from the database using a combination of SQL and Excel to produce metrics on infrastructure and supporting resources.
- Provides additional support for other business systems used by Public Works such as AVL, Remote weather stations, fuel systems, etc..
- Assists with inspections and condition assessments of infrastructure as needed in the field.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Valid G class driver license with a clean record.
- Daily access to a reliable personal vehicle and insured for use at work.
- Demonstrated proficiency in SQL and business systems support.
- Demonstrated ability to configure and document configuration changes in business systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field.
- Experience in a municipal or utility operations setting is preferable with prior experience supporting work management systems.
Wages: This position is a grade 8 on our 2019 non-union wage grid at $33.82 – $ 37.89/hour. Other compensation includes a competitive benefits package and pension plan.
Please forward a cover letter and resume by 4:30PM March 25th to humanresources[at]huroncounty[dot]ca
- To be considered for this position, please ensure your:
- Email subject line is “2020 WMST”
- The cover letter is a maximum of one page long
- Cover letter and resume are saved together in one pdf file
- The pdf file name is your: First name Last name (e.g. “Jane Smith.pdf”)
Posted February 14, 2020