The Corporation of the County of Huron
Huron County Library
(2) Summer Literacy Coordinators
The Huron County Library requires two Summer Literacy Coordinators to plan and deliver children’s programs at 12 branches for the Summer Reading Program. Travel is required and mileage will be compensated at the County rate.
- One position is funded in part by a Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) grant an initiative of the Government of Canada. One position is funded in part by a Young Canada Works (YCW) in Heritage Institutions.*
- Candidates must be between the ages of 16 and 30, and have been registered as a full time student in the previous academic year and be planning to return to school full time in the next academic year.
- Eligible candidates will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week).
- Eligible YCW candidates must be registered with Young Canada Works https://young-canada-works.canada.ca
- Excellent organization and record keeping skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good computer skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Children’s literature, programming, and literacy an asset
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, access to a vehicle
Hours of work: Approximately 14 weeks (May 21st – August 23rd) – 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, hours of work are traditionally 8:30 am to 4:30 p.m.
Wages: $15.50 per hour. *Positions will become available pending grant approval. Number of weeks also pending grant approval.
Please forward cover letter and resume by 4:30 pm Friday April 26, 2019 to: E-mail: humanresources [at] huroncounty [ dot ] ca
- To be considered for this position, please ensure your:
- Email subject line is “2019 Summer Literacy Coordinator”
- cover letter is a maximum of one page long
- cover letter and resume are saved together in one pdf file
- pdf file name is your: First name Last name (e.g. “Jane Smith.pdf”)
Posted: April 9, 2019