The Corporation of the County of Huron’s
Homes for the Aged Department
Dietary Student Aides to Join the Huronlea (Brussels) and Huronview (Clinton) Teams!
Huronlea and Huronview Homes for the Aged are Huron County’s municipal homes, providing health services for people who can no longer live independently in their own homes and need nursing and personal care 24 hours. As part of our multidisciplinary team, you will have the opportunity to use your training and skills. If technology interests you, our care plans are computerized and orders are processed electronically. We offer opportunities for leadership and committee involvement where you can excel using your advanced communication skills. If you would like to join our very dynamic teams, then Huronlea/Huronview is for you!
What We Offer:
At the County of Huron we’re committed to offering a modern work environment that puts people first. We are a Certified Living Wage employer that values equity, diversity and inclusion. We offer our staff competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package.
The County of Huron offers a diverse portfolio of employment opportunities. When you join our team, you’ll have the benefit of working with and learning from, people who have a broad range of skills and knowledge. We offer training, mentorship, and career development opportunities to all staff. When you work for the County of Huron, you invest in the community, and you benefit from seeing the results of your efforts firsthand. It’s a great place to work!
Learn more about working for the County of Huron: https://vimeo.com/699170923
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Offer constant assistance, understanding and encouragement to any and all residents as required.
- Shares responsibility for safely using and maintaining the equipment and supplies of the Homes.
- Ensures efficient use of supplies.
- Responsible to call all dangerous, unauthorized or unsafe conditions or situations to the attention of the Supervisor in order that they may be corrected.
- Directs all inquiries regarding residents’ care and conditions to the Manager and or Registered staff member.
- Maintains a good attendance record and accepts responsibility for working as scheduled.
- Assists in training, guiding and supporting new staff through the orientation period.
- Work in accordance with sanitation and safety procedures.
- Specific procedures will be listed on the Job Routines and/or assigned by the Supervisor.
- Perform other duties as directed, within the expected scope of practice of the Food Service Worker.
- Responsible to ensure safe food handling.
- Maintain a quality focus by using HACCP practices.
- Current Safe Food Handling Certificate
- Effective communication skills and ability to relate to peers and seniors in a Long-Term Care Facility
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to time manage and multi-task
- Must be attending High School
- Must provide proof of COVID-19 immunization
- Must be 15 years of age, or older to apply
- $14.11-$14.76/hour as per SEIU Collective Agreement. Shifts are scheduled outside of school hours, 4:30pm – 7:30pm.
Please send a resume and cover letter to: humanresources[at]huroncounty[dot]ca.
- We would love to have you join our team! To apply for this position, please ensure that::
- Email subject line is “2022 Dietary Student – and the Home to which you are applying to”
- the cover letter is a maximum of one-page long
- cover letter and resume are saved together in one pdf file
- the pdf file name is your: First name Last name (e.g. “Jane Smith.pdf”)
We look forward to hearing from you!
Posted September 13, 2022
Don’t meet every single requirement?
Studies have shown that women are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles. At the County of Huron, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace.