The Corporation of the County of Huron’s
Public Works Department
Contract Snow Plow Operator Trainees
This Plow Operator Trainee position provides up to 60 hours of paid on-the-job training operating a tandem truck with one-way plow and wing on County Roads.
The applicant must have a DZ or an AZ license. Applicants must have a clean driving record, be reliable, and have the ability to work as a team member as well as work independently.
The applicant must be available to work as-needed through the week and on weekends for training purposes. Stand-by pay is provided while on-call to gain experience in plowing during various winter conditions during the day and night.
Individuals who successfully complete this training program become eligible for part-time or full-time seasonal Plow Operator positions with the County of Huron.
- Minimum DZ license required (AZ is an asset) with a clean driving record
- Experience driving in adverse winter conditions
- Physically able to perform manual labour tasks, including heavy lifting up to 50 lbs
Wages: $27.61 – $30.95 per hour, plus $1.80/hr in lieu of benefits
Please forward a cover letter and resume to humanresources[at]huroncounty[dot]ca by 4:30PM Monday November 30, 2020. Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. Only those who qualify will be called.
To be considered for this position, please ensure that
- Email subject is “2021 – Snow Operator Trainee”
- The cover letter is a maximum of one page
- Cover letter and resume are saved together in one PDF file
- The PDF file name is your: First name Last name (e.g. Jane Smith)
Posted Sept 23, 2021