The Corporation of the County of Huron
Public Works Department requires a
Contract Road and Traffic Coordinator
Responsible for assessing and records associated with pavement condition to support the life-cycle planning of pavements including information related to the ongoing traffic counting and monitoring programs. Responsible for the annual major road patching program in collaboration with Patrol Supervisors and staff. Support of Road Operations with respect to bulk materials supply tenders and associated hauling contracts. Performs field work including inventory and condition assessments of minor culverts and other right-of-way activities as needed. Provides operational support in preparing tenders, reports, operational manuals, SOPS, etc.. as needed.
This position will end on or before September 2020 and the location of the position is in Goderich, Ontario.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Valid G class driver license with a clean record
- Daily access to a reliable personal vehicle and insured for use at work
- Completion of a post-secondary Civil Technician / Technologist of Engineering program
- Responsible for pavement condition assessments and measurements and managing the associated electronic data and results
- Maintain and validate inventory of small culverts including inspection and condition
- Responsible for regular and re-active traffic monitoring activities and associated equipment, software, and data. Includes collaborating with the Traffic Technician on where, when, and how long to deploy equipment
- Assists in the preparation of Quotes, RFPs and Tenders for various activities such as field sampling, measurements, testing, design, and paving. Participates in the review and recommendation for awarding submissions and bids
- Assist in the preparation and management of tenders in support of road operations such as shoulder gravel, winter sand/salt/liquids and haulage as needed
- Assist the Pavements Project Manager with tasks related to pavement rehabilitation projects such as establishing quantities for tenders, marking chainage and stations, project progress and timeline, etc.
- Provides traffic analysis and information in support of development related inquiries, safety or speeding concerns
- Assist in the preparation of Winter Operations Manual that is updated and published annually including route maps, anti-icing locations, contacts, regulatory requirements, and schedules
- Other duties as assigned
Prior experience not mandatory but any experience with paving operations, pavement assessments, construction work, traffic control, lab work will be considered an asset
This is a contract position ideal for recent graduates of a C.Tech., CET or Engineering program, looking to obtain professional experience towards their respective certification.
Wage: Grade 3 $23.03 – $25.77 on the 2019 Non-Union wage grid. Plus 4% in vacation pay and $1.80 in lieu of benefits.
Please forward a cover letter and resume by 4:30 pm Tuesday, July 4th, 2019 to humanresources [at] huroncounty [ dot ] ca
- To be considered for this position, please ensure your:
- Email subject line is “2019 Road/Traffic Coordinator”
- the cover letter is a maximum of one page long
- cover letter and resume are saved together in one pdf file
- the pdf file name is your: First name Last name (e.g. “Jane Smith.pdf”)
Posted June 14, 2019