Huron County Homes for the Aged
One (1) Full-Time Resident Care Administrative Assistant (Contract: 3-4 months)
Start Date: January 15, 2018
This position will be located at Huronlea in Brussels
The role of the Resident Care Administrative Assistant is to provide secretarial support to the Director of Care/Charge Nurse, Medical Director, Administrator and the Business Manager utilizing the principles of excellent customer service.
- Health Record Technician Certification/Health Care Courses with Business Diploma.
- 3 years’ experience in Long Term Care or similar setting.
- Has had experience working in a non-union and union environment.
- Strong communication skills, respect for confidentiality, privacy and diplomacy.
- Competency in computer skills, and organizational skills.
- Understanding of the Long Term Care Standards.
- Knowledge of Point Click Care computer programs would be an asset.
- Replacing Nursing and Personal Care department staff who call in sick, taking vacation days, statutory holidays and no pay days. Responsible for phoning replacement staff according to seniority lists/established protocol, recording information and amending schedules.
- Responsible for receiving and posting the Nursing Department Schedules, Job Postings etc.
- Works within the established computerized scheduling systems.
- Coordinating resident appointments with specialists’ etc. including transportation arrangements, in cooperation with the Medical Secretary at Huronview.
- Enters new admissions into Point Click Care and prepares the chart for admission.
- Undertakes general duties such as receptionist, photocopying, word processing for all departments, maintaining incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assists Bookkeeper with accounting process for trust, general and tuck shop funds such as making deposits, receiving sundry revenues, custodian of petty cash, billing, and receipts.
- Supports the coordination of the purchase of office supplies for Huronlea.
- Addresses general inquiries from residents and guarantors relating to resident accounts in a professional and courteous manner. Includes providing tours of the apartments and the Long Term Care Home areas and assisting with tenancy arrangements. Responsible for booking of meeting rooms for outside agencies.
- Work in accordance with the Resident Bill of Rights, Freedom of Information Protection of Privacy Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act and other pertinent legislation and County Policies.
Please forward your cover letter and resume in PDF format by 4:30 pm on Wednesday, December 20th, 2017 to:
The Corporation of the County of Huron — Human Resources
1 Court House Square
Email: humanresources@huroncounty. ca