Corporation of the Huron County
Huron County Health Unit
Temporary Full Time Public Health Nurse
This position is within the Healthy Babies, Healthy Children Team. In this position you must be able to work collaboratively with peers within the health unit and the community to provide public health programs and services designed to enhance health and prevent disease.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To practice according to the Standards of Nursing Practice (College of Nurses)
- To provide programs and services assigned to the team according to legislation and health unit policies and procedures.
- To have a thorough knowledge of all legislation and standards pertaining to the programs and services assigned to the team.
- To participate with the team to plan, implement and evaluate programs offered by the team.
- To work collaboratively with team members.
- To manage work assignment independently and keep manager informed.
- To liaise and collaborate with other departments, agencies, professionals and the community.
- To participate on internal and external committees/coalitions relevant to public health.
- To maintain records, prepare reports and statistics as required by the program standards and in accordance with Health Unit policies and procedures and the College of Nurses Standards.
- To participate in the orientation and mentoring of staff, students and volunteers.
- To incorporate research findings into practice, participate in research and identify problems, which lend themselves to research investigation.
- Ensures confidentiality in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA) and Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA).
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
Hours: 35 hours per week and the location for this position is in Clinton, Ontario.
Wages: $32.82- $46.73 as per the ONA collective agreement.
Applications will be accepted until 4:30pm on March 8th, 2019. Please forward your letter of application and resume to:
Email: humanresources [at] huroncounty [dot] ca – please attached one PDF document.
Human Resources Department – Huron County
1 Courthouse Square,
Confidential Fax: 1-519-524-4172