The Corporation of the County of Huron’s
Public Works Department
Full-time Project Manager – Bridges
Responsible for the planning, coordination, and delivery of capital projects on the County’s bridge and culvert infrastructure. Provides technical and administrative support in a variety of bridge and culvert life-cycle tasks such as condition assessment, minor maintenance, rehabilitation and replacement projects. This employee is expected to perform duties with a minimum of supervision and is expected to plan, organize, collaborate, and communicate in a manner that the department’s programs will proceed on schedule. This position will make technical and administrative decisions and provide advice to staff and management in the department. This position will be required to work closely with the County Bridge Crew and be confident on construction sites.
Takes a lead role in the Asset Management Plan related to bridges and culverts and prioritizes available funding.
Responsible for writing and evaluating requests for proposals (RFP’s) and overall procurement related to bridge and culvert infrastructure.
Responsible to ensure that projects move forward on budget and on schedule and monitoring the performance of Consultants and Contractors.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate, deliver, and oversee capital bridge and culvert projects including estimation for budget submissions as well as the procurement of professional and contracted services.
- Scope projects and write RFP’s to help the County secure competitive bids for engineering services.
- Responsible for contract management, permit applications, and any other necessary approvals.
- Provides technical and regulatory requirement support to the Bridge Maintenance Supervisor and crews.
- Using an evidence-based risk management approach takes lead in the development, maintenance, and improvement of the Asset Management Plan related to bridge infrastructure. Includes recommended optimal rehabilitation, repair, replacement schedules for bridges and large culverts and the required funding.
- Remains up to date with industry standards, best practices, and relevant regulations.
- Liaise with local Municipalities and adjacent Counties.
- May be required to assist with municipal drainage, as required based on organizational needs.
- May be asked to attend Council meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- University Degree in Civil Engineering or Diploma from a Community College in Civil Engineering Technology.
- A Professional Engineering License (P.Eng) from Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO) with at least 5 years experience OR a Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T) with the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT) with at least 7 years experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience with an engineering consultant.
- Proficient in the use of standard computer office tools such as (MS Office, Outlook, Excel).
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Considerable experience with the Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code (CHBDC).
- Considerable experience with Ontario Provincial Standards Specifications and Drawings (OPSS and OPSD’s).
- Experience with Municipal Class Environmental Assessments and public meetings.
- Working knowledge of the Municipal Act and Drainage Act.
- Valid Ontario Driver License – Class “G”
- Training and experience performing OSIM inspections is an asset.
- Experience with the Ontario Traffic Manual.
- Knowledgeable in the use of Computer-Aided Design (CAD).
- Experience in the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Previous municipal experience would be considered an asset.
- Access to a personal vehicle is required.
- $44.64 – $52.21 per hour; as per the 2022 non-union pay grid.
Please forward your letter of application and resume by 4:30 pm on Sunday, July 17, 2022, to: humanresources[at]huroncounty[dot]ca
To be considered for this position, please ensure that
- Email subject is “2022 – Project Manager – Bridges”
- The cover letter is a maximum of one page
- Cover letter and resume are saved together in one PDF file
- The PDF file name is your: First name Last name (e.g. Jane Smith)
Posted June 30, 2022