Huronview (Clinton) and Huronlea (Brussels) Home for the Aged
Casual Personal Support Workers
Huronview and Huronlea Homes for the aged are Huron County’s municipal homes, providing health services for people who can no longer live independently in their own homes and need nursing and personal care 24 hours. As part of our multidisciplinary team, you will have opportunity to use your training and skills. If technology interests you, our care plans are computerized and orders are processed electronically. We offer opportunities for leadership and committee involvement where you can excel using your advanced communication skills. If you would like to join our very dynamic teams, then Huronlea and Huronview are for you!
Our Personal Support Workers assist residents in performing activities of daily living and perform specific interventions as outlined on the individual care plans, while working closely with the interdisciplinary team.
- Graduate of a recognized Personal Support Worker program with supporting documentation
- Demonstrates focus on resident safety
- Experience working with seniors and/or chronic care residents in a health care facility or community setting, with a genuine interest in and concern for seniors
- Demonstrates maturity and tact
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing
- The successful candidate(s) will be required to submit an original Vulnerable Sector Screening before the time of hire
Wage: As per SEIU 23.22 – 26.20 plus $2.30 in lieu of benefits and 4% vacation pay. Shift premiums vary.
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found. Preference will be given to applicants who submit a copy of a current (within the last 6 months) TB Test and Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) with their application. Should you require an agency letter, contact Ashley Vanderburgh via email at avanderburgh[at]huroncounty[dot]ca and one will be provided. Please send your cover letter, resume, TB Test and VSS in one PDF document to: humanresources[at]huroncounty[at]ca
Posted on February 12, 2020