Corporation of the County of Huron
Planning & Development Department
Has an opening for
Permanent Full Time Land Division Administrator
The County of Huron, known as “Ontario’s West Coast,” is a mosaic of vibrant communities along the shores of Lake Huron. The County has a population of 60,000 people. Amidst pastoral and marine scenery, the County’s economic strengths are agriculture, manufacturing and tourism.
The Land Division Administrator is responsible for the land division function of the Department, including legal procedures, documents, correspondence, and tracking for consents, subdivisions, condominiums, and other development applications under the Ontario Planning Act.
Applicants will have, as a minimum, a college diploma in legal secretary, law clerk, or a related discipline, and/or experience in a public or legal office environment.
- Post-secondary education in legal secretary, law clerk, or a related discipline, or equivalent experience;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a public or legal office environment;
- Knowledge of legal processes and communications, including land titles, deeds and registry processes;
- Completion of the OACA “Primer on Planning” is an asset;
- Familiarity and experience with the Ontario Planning Act, regulations, planning processes, related legislation, and map and survey reading;
- Experience with office computer software, including Microsoft Office;
- Proven ability to contribute effectively in a dynamic team environment;
- Strong skills in communication, time management, attention to detail, organization, problem solving;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, professionalism and respect for confidentiality.
Please forward your letter of application and resume in one PDF document by 4:30 pm, March 23, 2018 to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
County of Huron
1 Courthouse Square
Goderich, Ontario N7A 1M2