The Corporation of the County of Huron’s
Homes for the Aged Department
Casual Housekeeping Aide for Huronview (Clinton)
Huronview and Huronlea are sister Homes in the County of Huron. These municipal homes provide health services for those who can no longer live independently in their own homes and require nursing and personal care 24 hours a day. Our mission is to provide quality, compassionate care in a homelike environment while our vision is to foster a caring environment with the open possibilities of life’s continued journey. The teamwork at the Homes for the Aged is cohesive, and a collaborative approach where various healthcare professionals with diverse knowledge, skills and talents come together to achieve the goals based upon the health needs and preferences of the residents who reside at the Homes
Role and Responsibilities:
- Respect and promote the Resident Bill of Rights.
- Offer constant assistance, understanding and encouragement to any or all residents as required.
- Share responsibility in safely using and maintaining the equipment and supplies of the Homes.
- Responsible for washing, stripping, resurfacing and buffing of floors; vacuuming and shampooing of carpets.
- Responsible for the cleaning of lights, vents, walls, equipment, furniture, windows, washrooms, and residents’ rooms and closets.
- Responsible for waste collection.
- Ensures efficient use of supplies.
- Responsible to call all dangerous, unauthorized or unsafe conditions or situations to the attention of the Supervisor in order that they may be corrected.
- Directs all inquiries regarding residents’ care and conditions to the registered staff member.
- Work in accordance with sanitation and safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as directed, within the expected scope of practice of the Housekeeping Aid.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Current certificate from a recognized housekeeping course is an asset
- Experience working in a Long Term Care setting is preferred
- Ability to read and understand written, and verbal instructions for the operation of equipment, and the ability to absorb a suitable course of in-service training.
- Demonstrates maturity and tact.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Effective communication skills, and ability to relate to peers and seniors in a Long Term Care Facility.
- $22.81 – $25.74 as per SEIU Collective Agreement.
Please forward your letter of application and resume by 4:30 pm on Wednesday October 6, 2021 to: humanresources[at]huroncounty[dot]ca
To be considered for this position, please ensure that
- Email subject is “2021 – Housekeeping Aide”
- The cover letter is a maximum of one page
- Cover letter and resume are saved together in one PDF file
- The PDF file name is your: First name Last name (e.g. Jane Smith)
Posted – September 22, 2021