The Corporation of the County of Huron
Huron County Health Unit
1 Full-Time Temporary Health Promoter
To work collaboratively with peers within the health unit and the community to provide public health programs and services designed to enhance health and prevent disease while providing leadership in health promotion planning, implementation and evaluation.
This position’s contract will end on or before Decdmber 31st, 2019.
Essential Skills & Responsibilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work with other health care professionals and a capacity to develop good public relations and community partnerships.
- Excellent computer skills with an emphasis on internet-based health promotion information searches.
- Work collaboratively with Team members.
- Provide programs and services assigned to the Team according to legislation and health unit policies and procedures.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all legislation and standards pertaining to the programs and services assigned to the Team.
- Participate with the Team to plan, implement and evaluate programs offered by the Team.
- Manage work assignments independently while keeping Manager informed.
- Liaise and collaborate with other departments, agencies, professionals and the community on health promotion issues.
- Participate on internal and external committees/coalitions relevant to health promotion.
- Conduct community assessments of the need for health promotion programs.
- Maintain records, prepare reports and statistics as required by the program standards and in accordance with Health Unit policies and procedures.
- Conduct evaluation studies to assess the effectiveness of health promotion programs and services.
- Recommend and implement appropriate health promotion in-servicing for Health Unit staff.
- Select and/or develop, evaluate and update health promotion education resources and materials used in all Health Unit programs.
- Pursue other potential funding sources for health promotion-related programs.
- Incorporate research findings into practice, participate in research and identify problems which lend themselves to research investigation.
- Other related duties as assigned.
University degree in health promotion, health science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Valid Ontario Driver’s License and use of a vehicle.
Please forward a cover letter and resume by 4:30 pm September 19th, 2019 to humanresources [at] huroncounty [ dot ] ca
- To be considered for this position, please ensure your:
- Email subject line is “2019 Health Promoter ”
- the cover letter is a maximum of one page long
- cover letter and resume are saved together in one pdf file
- the pdf file name is your: First name Last name (e.g. “Jane Smith.pdf”)
Posted: Sept 6, 2019