The Corporation of the County of Huron
Information Technology Division requires a
GIS Summer Student
The Huron County IT Division requires a GIS (Geographic Information Systems) student for 35 hours per week, for a time period expected to last until September 2019, depending on availability of the student. The office is located in Goderich.
The IT Division, in cooperation with all County departments, is building its GIS capability to provide data management, analytical and mapping services that support the multiple functions of the County. The GIS student will be responsible in assisting the GIS Coordinator with research, analysis, data input, system management, mapping, web capability, and support systems including hardware and software. This position will include field work.
- the student will be enrolled in a post-secondary geography, environmental studies, computer science or related program;
- familiarity with GIS software, particularly ESRI applications;
- familiarity with Information Management principles;
- skills in communication, time management, organization, cartography and problem solving;
- must provide own transportation for work related duties;
- must provide own steel-toed footwear for field work.
Wages: As per 2018 non-union student wage grid. $15.35-$17.00/ hour. This position will start on May 6, 2019.
Applications will be accepted until 4:30pm, April 19th, 2019. Please email your submission to: humanresources [at] huroncounty [dot] ca
- To be considered for this position, please ensure your:
- Email subject line is “2019 GIS Student”
- cover letter is a maximum of one page long
- cover letter and resume are saved together in one pdf file
- pdf file name is your: First name Last name (e.g. “Jane Smith.pdf”)
Posted April 5, 2019