The County of Huron’s
Homes for the Aged Department
Casual Food Service Workers to Join the Huronview (Clinton)and Huronlea (Brussels) Teams!
Huronview and Huronlea Homes for the Aged are Huron County’s municipal homes, providing health services for people who can no longer live independently in their own homes and need nursing and personal care 24 hours. As part of our multidisciplinary team, you will have the opportunity to use your training and skills. If technology interests you, our care plans are computerized and orders are processed electronically. We offer opportunities for leadership and committee involvement where you can excel using your advanced communication skills. If you would like to join our very dynamic teams, then Huronview and Huronlea are for you!
What We Offer:
At the County of Huron, we’re committed to offering a modern work environment that puts people first. We are a Certified Living Wage employer that values equity, diversity and inclusion. We offer our staff competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package.
The County of Huron offers a diverse portfolio of employment opportunities. When you join our team, you’ll have the benefit of working with and learning from, people who have a broad range of skills and knowledge. We offer training, mentorship, and career development opportunities to all staff. When you work for the County of Huron, you invest in the community, and you benefit from seeing the results of your efforts firsthand. It’s a great place to work!
Learn more about working for the County of Huron: https://vimeo.com/699170923
Role and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of the Resident Bill of Rights and a commitment to respect and promote.
- Offer constant assistance, understanding and encouragement to any and all residents as required.
- Shares responsibility in safely using and maintaining the equipment and supplies of the Homes.
- Ensures efficient use of supplies.
- Responsible to call all dangerous, unauthorized or unsafe conditions or situations to the attention of the Supervisor in order that they may be corrected.
- Directs all inquiries regarding residents’ care and conditions to the Manager and or Registered staff member.
- Maintains a good attendance record and accepts responsibility for working as scheduled.
- Assists in training, guiding and supporting new staff through the orientation period.
- Work in accordance with sanitation and safety procedures.
- Specific procedures will be listed on the Job Routines and/or assigned by the Manager.
- Perform other duties as directed, within the expected scope of practice of the Food Service Worker.
- Responsible to ensure safe food handling. Maintain a quality focus by using HACCP practices.
- Must have a current Safe Food Handling certificate
- Must have completed or been currently enrolled in the Food Service Worker program
- Ability to read and understand written and verbal instructions for the operation of equipment and the ability to absorb a suitable course of in-service training
- Has an acceptable standard of appearance and behaviour. Demonstrates maturity and tact
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing
- Effective communication skills and ability to relate to peers and seniors in a Long-Term Care Facility.
- Must provide satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screen and TB2 testing results
- A condition of employment is proof of COVID -19 immunization.
- As per SEIU Collective Agreement $23.67 – $26.71 per hour, plus 10% in lieu of benefits and 4% vacation pay.
- The schedule will consist of pre-scheduled shifts plus call-in shifts. Must be available for day, afternoon, evening and weekend shifts.
This position requires the submission of a current (within the last 6 months) TB Test and Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC). Please consider submitting these items prior to the interview, as the process of obtaining them is often delayed. Please contact Joel Paakkunainen via email at jpaakkunainen[at]huroncounty[dot]ca for an agency letter to be submitted with your VSC application.
Please send your cover letter and resume to: humanresources[at]huroncounty[dot]ca.
We would love to have you join our team! To apply for this position, please ensure that
- The email subject line is “2023 Food Service Worker -Huronlea”
- cover letter is a maximum of one-page long
- cover letter and resume are saved together in one pdf file
- pdf file name is your: First name and Last name (e.g. “Jane Smith.pdf”)
We look forward to hearing from you!
Posted – February 24, 2023
Don’t meet every single requirement?
Studies have shown that women are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles. At the County of Huron, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace.