The Corporation of the County of Huron’s
Homes for the Aged Department
Casual Food Service Workers for Huronlea (Brussels) and Huronview (Clinton)
Huronlea home for the aged is one of Huron County’s municipal homes, providing health services for people who can no longer live independently in their own homes and need nursing and personal care 24 hours. As part of our multidisciplinary team, you will have the opportunity to use your training and skills. If technology interests you, our care plans are computerized and orders are processed electronically. We offer opportunities for leadership and committee involvement where you can excel using your advanced communication skills. If you would like to join our very dynamic teams, then Huronlea is for you!
Role and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of the Resident Bill of Rights and a commitment to respect and promote.
- Offer constant assistance, understanding and encouragement to any and all residents as required.
- Shares responsibility in safely using and maintaining the equipment and supplies of the Homes.
- Ensures efficient use of supplies.
- Responsible to call all dangerous, unauthorized or unsafe conditions or situations to the attention of the Supervisor in order that they may be corrected.
- Directs all inquiries regarding residents’ care and conditions to the Manager and or Registered staff member.
- Maintains a good attendance record and accepts responsibility for working as scheduled.
- Assists in training, guiding and supporting new staff through the orientation period.
- Work in accordance with sanitation and safety procedures.
- Specific procedures will be listed on the Job Routines and/or assigned by the Manager.
- Perform other duties as directed, within the expected scope of practice of the Food Service Worker.
- Responsible to ensure safe food handling. Maintain a quality focus by using HACCP practices.
- Must have a current Safe Food Handling certificate
- Must have completed or be currently enrolled in the Food Service Worker program
- Ability to read and understand written and verbal instructions for the operation of equipment and the ability to absorb a suitable course of in-service training
- Has an acceptable standard of appearance and behaviour. Demonstrates maturity and tact
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing
- Effective communication skills and ability to relate to peers and seniors in a Long-Term Care Facility.
- Must provide satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screen and TB2 testing results
- As per SEIU Collective Agreement $22.81 per hour, plus in lieu of benefits and vacation pay.
- The schedule will consist of pre-scheduled shifts plus call-in shifts. Must be available for day, afternoon, evening and weekend shifts.
Please send your cover letter and resume to: humanresources[at]huroncounty[dot]ca.
- To be considered for this position, please ensure your:
- Email subject line is “2021 Food Service Worker”
- cover letter is a maximum of one page long
- cover letter and resume are saved together in one pdf file
- pdf file name is your: First name Last name (e.g. “Jane Smith.pdf”)
Posted September 10, 2021