The Corporation of the County of Huron
Huronview requires a
Casual Food Service Worker
Huronview home for the aged is one of Huron County’s municipal homes, providing health services for people who can no longer live independently in their own homes and need nursing and personal care 24 hours. As part of our multidisciplinary team, you will have opportunity to use your training and skills. If technology interests you, our care plans are computerized and orders are processed electronically. We offer opportunities for leadership and committee involvement where you can excel using your advanced communication skills. If you would like to join our very dynamic teams, then Huronview is for you!
- Must have a current Safe Food Handling certificate
- Must have completed or be currently enrolled in the Food Service Worker program
- Ability to read and understand written and verbal instructions for the operation of equipment and the ability to absorb a suitable course of in-service training
- Has an acceptable standard of appearance and behaviour. Demonstrates maturity and tact
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing
- Effective communication skills and ability to relate to peers and seniors in a Long-Term Care Facility.
Wage: As per SEIU Collective Agreement $22.81 per hour, plus in lieu of benefits and vacation pay.
Hours: Schedule will consist of pre-scheduled shifts plus call-in shifts. Must be available for day, afternoon, evening and weekend shifts.
Applications will be accepted until 4:30 on February 2/2020. Preference will be given to applicants who submit a copy of a current (within the last 6 months) TB Test and Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) with their application. Should you require an agency letter, contact Ashley Vanderburgh via email at avanderburgh[at]huroncounty[dot]ca and one will be provided. Please send your cover letter, resume, TB Test and VSS in one PDF document to: humanresources[at]huroncounty[dot]ca.
- To be considered for this position, please ensure your:
- Email subject line is “2020 Food Service Worker”
- cover letter is a maximum of one page long
- cover letter and resume are saved together in one pdf file
- pdf file name is your: First name Last name (e.g. “Jane Smith.pdf”)
Posted January 20/20