The Corporation of the County of Huron
Requires a One (1) Part-Time
Join our Emergency Services team in Huron County on Ontario’s West Coast. Our emergency service is part of Huron County’s progressive forward thinking organization. If you are eager work in a team based organization that expects employees to exercise critical thinking, and make reasonable decisions and implement them, then you are who we are looking for.
Reporting to the Commander of Operations – Paramedic Services and participating as a member of the Emergency Services management team. The Duty Superintendent will manage day-to-day Paramedic Services operations to ensure that structures, programs, systems and processes meet all requirements set out in legislation, policy, procedure and standards.
- Ontario Base Hospital certified Primary Care Paramedic in good standing and a minimum four (4) years’ experience working in a management/supervisory capacity or equivalent experience;
- PCP Autonomous IV Certification (or ability to obtain);
- General knowledge of the operation and maintenance of the various types of equipment and vehicles used by the Paramedic Service and communication systems;
- Professional understanding of Paramedic Services, patient care standards and general knowledge of emergency communications and provincial health care;
- Professional knowledge of all policies and procedure, Collective Agreement, applicable acts and regulations regarding Emergency Health Services in Ontario;
- Strong communications skills for providing direction to staff, write memo’s/reports and responds to media relations within recommended guidelines;
- Ability to present training modules to paramedics;
- Proficient in multiple computer software applications including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with scheduling software
This position has an approximate start date of June 17, 2019.
Salary Range: Non-Union Grade 12 $41.97 – $47.00.
If you are interested, forward your letter of application and résumé, including an email address, in one PDF document by 4:30PM Monday April 1, 2019.
Applications can be emailed to: humanresources [at] huroncounty [dot] ca.Please quote Reference Number 814 in your application.
Posted: February 27, 2019