The Corporation of the County of Huron’s
Homes for the Aged Department
Dietary Student for Huronlea (Brussels)
Huronlea home for the aged is one of Huron County’s municipal homes, providing health services for people who can no longer live independently in their own homes and need nursing and personal care 24 hours. As part of our multidisciplinary team, you will have the opportunity to use your training and skills. If technology interests you, our care plans are computerized and orders are processed electronically. We offer opportunities for leadership and committee involvement where you can excel using your advanced communication skills. If you would like to join our very dynamic teams, then Huronlea is for you!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Offer constant assistance, understanding and encouragement to any and all residents as required.
- Shares responsibility in safely using and maintaining the equipment and supplies of the Homes.
- Ensures efficient use of supplies.
- Responsible to call all dangerous, unauthorized or unsafe conditions or situations to the attention of the Supervisor in order that they may be corrected.
- Directs all inquiries regarding residents’ care and conditions to the Manager and or Registered staff member.
- Maintains a good attendance record and accepts responsibility for working as scheduled.
- Assists in training, guiding and supporting new staff through the orientation period.
- Work in accordance with sanitation and safety procedures.
- Specific procedures will be listed on the Job Routines and/or assigned by the Supervisor.
- Perform other duties as directed, within the expected scope of practice of the Food Service Worker.
- Responsible to ensure safe food handling.
- Maintain a quality focus by using HACCP practices.
- Current Safe Food Handling Certificate
- Effective communication skills and ability to relate to peers and seniors in a Long-Term Care Facility
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to time manage and multi-task
- Must be attending High School
- $14.11-$14.76/hour as per SEIU Collective Agreement. Shifts are scheduled outside of school hours, 4:30pm – 7:30pm.
Applications will be accepted until 4:30 on October 1, 2021 to: humanresources[at]huroncounty[dot]ca.
- To be considered for this position, please ensure your:
- Email subject line is “2021 Dietary Student”
- the cover letter is a maximum of one page long
- cover letter and resume are saved together in one pdf file
- the pdf file name is your: First name Last name (e.g. “Jane Smith.pdf”)
Posted September 17, 2021