The Corporation of the County of Huron’s
Homes for the Aged Department
Temporary Casual Dietary Aide – Student for Huronview (Clinton)
Huronview home for the aged is one of Huron County’s municipal homes, providing health services for people who can no longer live independently in their own homes and need nursing and personal care 24 hours. As part of our multidisciplinary team, you will have opportunity to use your training and skills. If technology interests you, our care plans are computerized and orders are processed electronically. We offer opportunities for leadership and committee involvement where you can excel using your advanced communication skills. If you would like to join our very dynamic teams, then Huronview is for you!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Offer constant assistance, understanding and encouragement to any and all residents as required.
- Shares responsibility in safely using and maintaining the equipment and supplies of the Homes.
- Ensures efficient use of supplies.
- Responsible to call all dangerous, unauthorized or unsafe conditions or situations to the attention of the Supervisor in order that they may be corrected.
- Directs all inquiries regarding residents’ care and conditions to the Manager and or Registered staff member.
- Maintains a good attendance record and accepts responsibility for working as scheduled.
- Assists in training, guiding and supporting new staff through the orientation period.
- Work in accordance with sanitation and safety procedures.
- Specific procedures will be listed on the Job Routines and/or assigned by the Supervisor.
- Perform other duties as directed, within the expected scope of practice of the Food Service Worker.
- Responsible to ensure safe food handling.
- Maintain a quality focus by using HACCP practices.
- Current Safe Food Handling Certificate
- Effective communication skills and ability to relate to peers and seniors in a Long-Term Care Facility
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to time manage and multi-task
- $14.11-$14.76/hour as per SEIU Collective Agreement
*This is a COVID-19 relief position
Applications will be accepted until 4:30 on Friday July 3, 2019 to: humanresources[at]huroncounty[dot]ca.
- To be considered for this position, please ensure your:
- Email subject line is “2020 Dietary Student”
- cover letter is a maximum of one page long
- cover letter and resume are saved together in one pdf file
- pdf file name is your: First name Last name (e.g. “Jane Smith.pdf”)
Posted June 19, 2020