The Corporation of the County of Huron
Huronview (Clinton) and Huronlea (Brussels) require
Huronview and Huronlea Homes for the Aged are Huron County’s municipal homes, providing health services for people who can no longer live independently in their own homes and need nursing and personal care 24 hours. Huronview and Huronlea Homes for the Aged have an opening for one Casual Cook. The cook is responsible for preparing residents’ meals, snacks and desserts according to preplanned menus and ensuring safety and cleanliness of the food service area.
- Branch 1 Cooks Certification
- Certificate from recognized cooking course
- Current safe food handling certificate
- Experience in institutional cooking
- Previous experience with the elderly an asset
Wage: As per SEIU Collective Agreement. Start rate $23.38 – $ 26.29.
Applications will be accepted until 4:30 on April 26, 2019. Preference will be given to applicants who submit a copy of a current (within the last 6 months) TB Test and Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) with their application. Should you require an agency letter, contact Ashley Vanderburgh via email at avanderburgh[at]huroncounty[dot]ca and one will be provided. Please send your cover letter, resume, TB Test and VSS in one PDF document to: humanresources[at]huroncounty[dot]ca.
- To be considered for this position, please ensure your:
- Email subject line is “2019 Cook Staff”
- cover letter is a maximum of one page long
- cover letter and resume are saved together in one pdf file
- pdf file name is your: First name Last name (e.g. “Jane Smith.pdf”)
Posted April 5, 2019