The Corporation of the County of Huron’s
Social and Property Services Department
Building Contacts for various locations
The Huron County Housing Corporation requires a Building Contact to live on-site in a one-bedroom apartment at each of the municipalities listed below:
- 52 Bristol Terrace, Wingham,
- 299 Queen Street, Blyth
- 85 West Street/250 Picton Street Goderich (1 position)
- To be an emergency contact for tenants, after regular office hours in the event of an emergency between 4:30 p.m. and 8:30 a.m. Monday to Friday and 24 hours on weekends, and statutory holidays.
- To report emergency situations to the Housing Corporation staff, fire, police, ambulance and other contacts as appropriate to the situation.
- To report maintenance problems to the Property Services Department.
- Reporting violations of the lease agreement and illegal acts to Supervisor, Police and any other appropriate agency.
- Ensure entrances and exits are secured.
- To show empty units to prospective tenants as required.
- Performing light maintenance duties after normal working hours on occasion, such as salting walkways and changing garbage bags at the apartment building.
- Other duties as required.
- Ability to deal tactfully with tenants.
- Ability to make decisions independently within Housing Corporation guidelines.
- Ability to perform some light maintenance as required.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing, follow written instructions and file periodic written reports.
- A rent-free apartment and basic telephone service each month.
- Extra compensation will be provided if the Building Contact is required to perform additional duties outside the scope of the normal Building Contact responsibilities.
- A satisfactory police background check and vulnerable sector screening will be required.
Please forward your letter of application and resume to humanresources[at]huroncounty[dot]ca
To be considered for this position, please ensure that
- Email subject is “2021 – Building Contact”
- The cover letter is a maximum of one page
- Cover letter and resume are saved together in one PDF file
- The PDF file name is your: First name Last name (e.g. Jane Smith)
Posted – September 1, 2021